And then ...

"And then ..." by Wolf-Peter Arand

And then ...
Just a moment in time/ when we thought we were free/ skipping through the fields/ hand in hand/ innocent/ What's left of that?/ Only the remanence of a life that is gone/ like iron dust in the desert/ blown into the void and forgotten. 

And then ...
We were lovers holding on/ another/ holding on when it got dark/ to dark to see/ lovers/ just for once we were more than just ourselves/ we were more than just the pieces of our atomic matter/ more than just our protein structures/ Did we waste it?

And then ...
You hold my hand the night we met/ I hoped you'd never let go/ I hoped I'd woke/ up next to you the next morning/ knowing I'd lived/ knowing that something would come/ something would be there in the damp fog that was and is the future/ And there was.

And then ...
I did wake up and you were there/ looking at me/ hung over like I/ wondering what happened/ wondering what we were/ but realising in that very moment/ we are/ now/ here/ together.

And then ...
It happened and you stayed/ with cherries, bread and spread cheese/ like paradise on a summers day/ sitting in a garden, drinking coffee in the sun/ holding hands and chatting about life and all the good things/ remembering what it meant to be/ knowing that things were good/ being sure of having made a good choice for once/ More than one can hope for.

And then ...
You stayed, you stuck around/ and so did I/ without a plan or idea of what was going on/ but it was okay, 'cause we had each other/ not wasting a single thought on how long it would last/ and you wrote songs for me and I sang them/ and I wrote poems for you and you read them/ and we realised that this was good.

And then ...
I understood that it was love/ you were my and I was yours/ and all that was left to say was: I love you/ and we knew it was true 'til the end.

And then ...

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

13.000 oder: Horscht sucht seinen Beinamen

Review "Beyond the Frontline"

Der Protest der Egoisten